Sliver Preparation and Trash Removal
•In early days of rotor-spinning ,yarn manufacturers were attracted by the potential of the process to reduce raw-material costs by utilizing low-grade cottons & waste .
• Today, although it is accepted that such raw material can be processed, it is also recognized that greater attention has to be paid to the resultant yarn quality & consequently, the cleanliness of the sliver feed.
• Therefore sliver preparation & trash removal processes become very important. We will study these processes in the following sequence :-.
- Effects of trash on rotor spinning.
- Types of trash & dedusting at gin.
- Dedusting in the blowroom.
- Dedusting on the card.
- Dedusting at the drawframe.
- Dedusting at comber.
- Improved cleaning at the rotor unit.
Go to Top of Page