Rotor Spinning For Carpet Yarns
By: G. Egbergs
- •The trend to a velour carpet with a grainy appearance is of advantage for open-end spinning.
- • Open end carpet yarns are presented , from which carpets with a good appearance were manufactured.
- •We found that coarse fibres of about 17 dtex & 100mm. Length gave best carpet yarns.
- • Up to now it appeared to be impossible to make open end yarns fibres of this kind.
- • However this is a major requirement for carpet yarn production.
- •Production costs are the lowest for open end yarns.
- •This is true in comparison with semi-worsted yarns up to nm 6.8
- • Very important with this regarded to economic aspects will be that with open end yarns no distinction need be made between s & z twist yarns, & that open end yarns show less end breaks during tufting than either semi-worsted or woolen yarns .
- • With regard to carpet quality it could be proved that the feared fibre losses which carpets made from open end yarns revealed could be reduced to normal.
Go to Top of Page